Friday, August 17, 2012

Camp Closes With Excellent Progress


We had our final run at camp this morning before returning to campus.  It was a perfect morning for a relaxing recovery run on a great single track dirt trail near the reservoir.  Although, a little tired from our hill session yesterday I thought everyone had a great run.

With camp coming to an end I am excited to get the school year started.  Our team did a great job during the summer with their training.  I feel like we could be as deep as we have been in my seven years here at Utah as long as we can stay away from the injury bug.  I'm really proud of this group for the time and effort they have all put in.  It should be a fun and exciting year for them.

After our run I served pancakes (regular and blueberry) along with all the other usual distance runner breakfast items.  Finally, it was get cleaned up and packed up.  We will begin our regular season training early tomorrow morning with another great trail run not far from campus.  School starts Monday.  I hope everyone enjoyed the camp reports. Be sure to check this site regularly throughout the season for updates and results.

No comments: