Friday, October 30, 2009

Conference Banquet


Tonight we attended the conference championships banquet. All the conference teams gather for a meal, some awards, honor the seniors, and a video montage of the season. It gives our gals a chance to dress up and enjoy the company of the other teams before we all compete against one another in the morning. As usual it was a nice event. Our only senior is Sydney Osmun. She actually came to Utah and competed on the swim team. However, after a coaching change she asked for a chance to compete on our team. She had a lot to learn, but she was patient and is reaping the rewards of her hard work by getting to run at the conference meet. She has stepped up for us all season and we expect her to do the same tomorrow. While I was at the podium and in my attempt to keep things short (as I am not exactly known for that) I didn't mention how endebted I am to my two great volunteer assistants. Shayla Houlihan (who has been with me as an athlete and now a coach) and first year ass't, Carol Eckerly have done a great job of helping me with our very youthful team. They always seem to know what to say and have provided outstanding ideas all season. They are a huge part of our growth and the success we all share. It's time to get a good nights rest and be ready to run with our hearts in stride as one.

No comments: